Aviation Law Practice
We have extended experience advising in Latvia major international aircraft owners, lessors and financiers on aviation law and practice related matters and transactions with principal local commercial aircraft operators. Our most common work covers such areas as:
• Aviation regulation both under domestic Latvian laws and international treaties, including Cape Town Convention;
• Aircraft registration and de-registration from Latvian CAA Civil Aircraft Register, import and export procedures;
• Purchase and sale of commercial aircraft;
• Operational lease of commercial aircraft, legal enforcement of lease and repossession of aircraft;
• Acquisition financing, re-financing, aircraft mortgages and securitization transactions;
• Insolvency regulation, liens and the creditors’ rights of detention;
• Taxation issues related to aircraft lease and sale.
Some of the clients the firm has advised and assisted in the past, inter alia, include: General Electric Capital Aviation Services, International Lease Finance Corporation, Aero Capital Solutions, Apollo Aviation Group, BlackRock Investment Firm, Aircastle Limited, as well as various banks providing secured acquisition financing facilities/trust services e.g. Wells Fargo, Erste Bank Group.
Contact: Armands Skudra